Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sweet Big Girl

The other night I was singing "hush, little baby" to Kaylee before bed and started thinking about how she's not my little baby anymore; she's walking and talking and throwing big girl tantrums! I started crying a little and had to stop singing - I expected Kaylee to say "more please" or "more mockingbird" like usual when I stop singing it, but she just sat there quietly with me for a minute while I hugged her. Then she looked up at me and made her little kiss noise while signing "I love you," which only made me cry more. I told her I loved her, too, then she turned toward me and reached her arms around me and held me in a hug for a long time and gave me another couple kisses. It was very sweet and she made me a very happy Big Girl's Mommy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, thanks for making me cry now.

-h

Stephanie said...

What a sweet moment. Brings tears to my eyes. I do the same thing with Brennan, knowing she is my last has been rough.