Sunday, October 4, 2009

Counting

When Kaylee gets upset about having to wait for something I tell her to "be patient and count to ten," then I count to 10 out loud (if whatever she's waiting on takes longer than a 10 count, I'll count higher, or just count to 10 again). Yesterday she was doing something and I just told her to be patient, but didn't say to count, and I heard her say (her version of) "6, 7, 8, 9, 10" - !! So I asked her to count to ten, starting her off with the one and she did it without any help, though she did miss the 5; she'll say it when reminded, then go back to the 6.

Yesterday we went to the Atlanta Greek Festival with my parents. Yummy Greek food and good music, as usual! Gramma bought Kaylee a scarf skirt with jingly coins on it. Kaylee was a bit skeptical of having it tied on her at first, but then loved running around and "shaking her booty" to make noise. Jamie didn't go with us as he wasn't feeling well, so she showed him once we got home. I didn't take any pictures at the Festival this year, but maybe Grampa has some good ones he could email our way?? :)

Next weekend I'm going to a cousin's wedding in VA while Jamie and Kaylee stay behind for some Daddy/daughter bonding time, then the following weekend is another Greek Festival just a few miles from us. More yummy Greek food!!

No comments: