Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mick-O-Lantern

Kaylee picked out our pumpkin carving design and I made it happen. No photos of the process as it was just the two of us, but she watched while I carved. I had her stick her hand in the pumpkin when I was scraping out the guts, but she wasn't too interested in helping with that part. She called it messy, watched for a bit then left for bigger and better things (i.e. toys and books). Here are a couple photos of the finished product.


And a couple more fall photos from Sunday...

2 comments:

Diedre said...

What a perfectly round pumpkin! Great job on the carving Julie! I did a haunted house pattern a few years ago, and boy, never again. I think it took me at least 2 hours to carve out all the lines. It looked fabulous when it was done, but it took forever. That was definitely a pre-kid project.

We still need to pick up some pumpkins to carve.

Julie said...

I'm sure it looked great, but I hear ya'!! This one probably took a couple hours, but it was spaced out with Kaylee "helping" then having to feed her and put her down for nap, etc, so it didn't seem so long. And that included the gut scooping. :)

It's actually the pumpkin on the top step next to Kaylee in the pic of her sitting on the steps - a little lopsided from one angle, but pretty round from another!