Saturday, May 23, 2009

Rabbits, Pool Time & More

On Tuesday Kaylee and I walked out onto the deck (I was checking to see if it was warm enough to get out her baby pool) and we saw a huge rabbit in the yard. It hopped away right after we saw it, but Kaylee was super excited about it and kept asking (signing) "where" as in, "where is the rabbit?"

About an hour later I filled the pool and she stood in it for a minute, then ran to the railing to look for the rabbit, then looked quizzically back at me and signed, "where?" I told her it was gone and she should get back in the pool. She stepped (or crawled) back into the pool, then immediately got back out to go look for the rabbit again...repeat cycle over and over and over. On Thursday her friends Katie and Olivia played in the pool with her some and Kaylee was still looking for the rabbit...I have a feeling she'll be asking about it for a long time yet...



Yesterday Kaylee and I went to my grandparents' house for lunch and my cousin Stephen, his wife Stephanie and their kids Ethan and Brennan were there, too. I was trying to get a good shot of the two girls, but they weren't cooperating (and Kaylee was annoyed that Brennan was touching her shoes...) After the first photo (of the next 5 below), can you guess who took over the photography?? He actually did really well with the photos of others, but I am also now the proud owner of a lot of crazy-Ethan-face photos!! :) (Yes, he took those of himself!)




Thanks to Kaylee's cousin Elena (rather, Elena's mom Diedre! :) ), I got the idea to dress Kaylee in red, white and blue for the weekend. Coincidentally, I already had her in the denim dress with cherries on it yesterday, and today she wore her new r,w&b star dress and flag hat from Old Navy. The car seat in the photo is the one from Jamie's car, which is currently on the floor of our den (the car seat, not Jamie's car). Kaylee thinks it's fun to crawl into it and sit there...hmm. Okay.


"Umm, how do I put this thing on, Mama?"


"Never mind, I give up. Easier to just chew on it!"

1 comment:

Diedre said...

Elena loves to climb in and out of her car seats when they're in the house too. It's funny, she also loves for us to push her through the house in her stroller, but she won't stay in it when we're outside!

I love those pictures of her looking for the bunny. Elena does the same thing with looking for Sadie, the beagle who lives behind us. She goes out back every afternoon and looks for Sadie and Bruce, the chlorinator in the pool next door.