Monday, January 26, 2009

In Need of a Feather

Kaylee and I went back to my favorite store last week (baby/kids consignment!) - I bought a pair of baby pants, tights, two hats, slippers, a toy piano and toy camera for $12. Wooo!! Here's Kaylee modeling one of her new hats. Super cute. It'll definitely fit the rest of this year and I'm hoping it still fits next fall/winter, too (it's very stretchy!).


A few weeks ago Kaylee figured out how to turn on the water in our master bathtub. As you can see here, Shadow was not too happy about it coming down right on him (though he does love playing in the water).
Her expression in this photo cracks me up...I would love to know what she's thinking sometimes!!! Maybe: "this water is freezing!!"


Out for a stroll last night, stylin' in her new hat.
Can't think of much to report right now. She knows so many words (not talking, but responds by pointing to/looking at/getting/doing what we were asking), it's amazing. And she picks things up so fast!! I bought that toy piano for her on Friday and by Saturday she knew when we said "piano" that's what we were talking about. I imagine it will be tough to get things past her soon enough, hah! (For now, at least, she still falls for peek-a-boo.)

Oh - yesterday she stood for over a minute! Don't think she realized it or she would have plopped down sooner...I was getting dressed, so I put turned on the TV and started a recorded show (she loves the theme song for "My Friends Tigger and Pooh"). She was standing, only holding on to one of my hands when it started. I let go and she stood there, correcting herself when she'd get off balance, and finally plopped down. I paused the recording and it had been running for a minute and 20 seconds - I was holding her hand for a few seconds up front, but she stood on her own for at least a minute! New record for her. So I guess that was something new to report. And every day she looks closer and closer to walking. She'll walk across the room as long as I have a hand under an elbow, barely supporting her, but she is hesitant to try it on her own. Once I let go she plops right down, even though I was barely doing anything. Anyone have Dumbo's feather we could borrow??

No comments: