Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Baby steps...well...step, twice?

Twice today I tricked Kaylee into taking a step on her own! Both times she got mad at me afterward, too, and turned her legs into jelly when I would try to get her to repeat it. This morning she was holding on to our coffee table and I held out one hand for her to grab and in the other had an empty water bottle that she likes to play with. My empty hand was just far enough away that she'd have to take a step to get to it, and she did! I think she realized what was going on as she was grabbing my hand because she had this weird "what the heck just happened?" expression. Then she got the water bottle and forgot until I tried to get her to do it again a minute later and she started the jelly legs thing. Pretty much same thing again this afternoon, but different location and different toy being offered.

2 comments:

Diedre said...

She'll get the hang of it! Elena took nine steps once when she was totally distracted by our sitter's six year old running circles around her. Luckily the sitter taped it so I could see it. Go Kaylee!

Unknown said...

Goodness me, Kaylee is really coming along. I can't believe she's got teeth and walking and dancing. Go Kaylee!

Bye the way, Alex is still playing around with shutterfly and I think he's deleted some of the comments left with William's photos by mistake. Sorry about that.