Monday, January 5, 2009

Untitled

As you can see, Kaylee's face is just about back to pre-dog bite conditions. It never got any dark bruising, the darkest it got was probably like it was on the last photo posted here (a few posts ago). Other photo is today's lunch. She had bread, green beans, turkey and cheese. I'd heard not to give dairy until after a year, but recently I've read in a few places that cheese is a good finger food to start to try around 9 months. ??? Since Kaylee hasn't had any allergies to anything else (praise God - I'm not sure how she avoided it, what with all the allergies Jamie and I both had as babies), I figured I'd try a little to see how she does with it. She had maybe 1/3 of a slice of cheese yesterday and probably about the same today (gave her 1/2 slice on the tray today, but she didn't eat it all). No problems yet, but we're keeping an eye on things. She enjoys being able to feed herself! (Oh, and I think she would eat only bananas and bread if she had her way...she seems to like other things, but LOVES bananas, and the bread is usually the first thing to go when given a smorgasbord - as you can see there are a few pieces left in this photo and she started with a pretty good size pile.)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey Brennan has the same outfit Kaylee is wearing in the video. She got it in 4 different sizes.

Cute video!

Diedre said...

Don't stress, processed dairy (cheese, cottage cheese) is fine starting at 9 months. It's only milk that you need to wait until a year (or 11 1/2 months or so).

That's great that she'll eat turkey! Elena's only just started to eat meat. She doesn't like cheese, which I can't understand since I think melted cheese is one of the greatest things on earth!

A good tip I got from our nanny: when Kaylee gets to the stage where she won't wear a bib, you can get an oversized childs t-shirt and slip that over her head instead.

Julie said...

Steph - of course Brennan got it - it's pink and brown. But 4?!? Hope you like the outfits! Jamie likes it because it also came with the "Daddy Loves Me" onesie; think I saw that on B in some pics.

uh-oh, Diedre...what do you mean the no bib stage??? I hadn't heard of that one. Big t-shirt is a great idea, though!

Yes, she pretty much eats anything (knock on wood!), but does show a preference for some things over others. She doesn't like the Gerber turkey sticks, but she'll eat turkey lunch meat. She had a little cheese again today and seems fine so far - this was the third day in a row, so I'm hoping she's fine. Hadn't thought of cottage cheese, actually. She likes feeding herself, though, and since it's easier for me (except maybe cleanup!), I'm all for it!