Tuesday, September 2, 2008

:'-(

Yesterday we went to my parents' house for lunch, then stopped by my cousin's place to visit with them and their son (Nate - just over a month old). Kaylee napped okay at my parents' house, but a bit later than usual, then wouldn't nap at my cousin's, so she slept in the car for about 35 minutes and woke up just a few minutes before we got home. Jamie parked in the driveway and was getting some stuff from the trunk while I went to get Kaylee, who was so happy to see someone! There were a few bags in the seat beside her, so I took those inside first and dumped them in the kitchen, then went right back out to get her. I sat next to her and her face was turning red, her bottom lip was poking out and both eyes were filled with tears! It was so sad - I guess she thought we were just going to leave her out there. She didn't look scared like she does sometimes, just very upset that we might leave her all alone. She never actually cried (I was probably gone only a minute, if that), and she started smiling once I got back there and told her we wouldn't leave her, but smiling through watery eyes. Of course it was the cutest little sad face ever, but I'd rather just see her happy!!

1 comment:

Baby Holloway said...

Arrrrrrrrrrrr that's so sweet. Poor Kaylee. Babies really know how to pull at your heart strings, don't they.