Monday, September 6, 2010

Preschool Prayer

At Kaylee's school, the kids say a prayer before snack and lunch. The teacher told us they'll learn and say a different prayer each month (at least I think she said it changes monthly). Kaylee goes to school Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, and she's only gone one week so far. Thursday afternoon and evening she was saying what sounded like a prayer, but just in bits and pieces, not all strung together. I didn't know the prayer but tried to help her piece together what I could - we pretty much put together the first part (all the "God made" things below), but she wasn't saying the "Thank you" parts. Friday after school she was reciting the entire thing in correct order, and she's saying it again now as she's in her crib to go to sleep for the night. Here's the prayer:

God made the sun.
God made the sea.
God made the fish.
And God made me.
Thank you for the sun.
Thank you for the sea.
Thank you for the fish.
And thank you for me.
Amen.

I thought it was pretty impressive that she already knows the entire thing and is reciting it all the way through correctly after just 3 days of learning it at school!

No comments: