Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day at "Grampa's Pool" (apologies to Gramma)

Ever since we stopped by my parents' house a couple months ago and Kaylee saw they had the winter pool cover off and the bubble cover (to warm the water) on, she's been wanting to go swim at "Grampa's Pool" (apparently Gramma has no claim to it??) - as in asking at least 3-4 times a week when we're going to Grampa's Pool. We went today for a Memorial Day cookout/swim, and there was a 90% chance of rain/thunderstorms all day, but a huge downpour had ended just before we arrived this morning around 11, and it was hot and sunny for us the rest of the day! Kaylee probably got in about 4 hours of pool time (with a super 2.5+ hour nap in between) and we all had a great time.

Here's Kaylee in her patriotic outfit (check back July 4 for a repeat of the outfit!) with Daddy, Mommy (w/matching bows), Grampa & Gramma. She started out the day with a flag band-aid as well, but it fell off just before photos (the band-aid lasted about 24 hours, so it had a good life).



Pool time! She started off the day in her swim ring, but then we found out G&G had bought some arm floaties, and Kaylee did super amazing with them! She was able to move about more on her own than with the big ring and really loved swimming all over the pool with them. I think it was easier for her to get in and out of the pool without the big ring around her, as well. Yay, floaties!



The other day after I took some photos, Kaylee told me, "no pictures today! You already take pictures!" and she refused to pose for any more. She did the same again today at the pool! I was trying to get her to pose for the last one I posted here and she wouldn't stop playing to smile, then without looking up she yelled at me, "no pictures today!" She finally did pose for the one when I bribed her with some balloons - luckily I got the picture with one take, as she was not willing to stick around for any more tries!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great day it was! I wish I had Kaylee's energy. She didn't let the inevitable mouthful of water deter her from staying in the pool. Besides the pool time, she also read stories, played with Baby Gaga, listened to music, made the horses go (Gramma's carousel table), and played with antique model cars and toy trucks. Thanks also to newphew Brandon and wife Margaret, who brought baby Emily (five weeks old), and big brother Nate.

Lets do it again.

Grampa Jerry

lisanmike said...

Wow, I am so impressed that she is using the floaties. I guess I should not be surprised...I think she is part fish :)

kipacha said...

Looks like she had lots of fun! With a 2.5+ hour nap, I think I'd be shopping for above ground pools - but that's just me! LOL