Friday, December 18, 2009

New Dora Ornament

So Kaylee was not too cooperative in letting me take photos of her all dressed up. I got one - ONE - photo of her in one of her Christmas dresses before she ran away screaming. Not even any other blurry shots or anything, just the one photo. Nice. She was a bit more cooperative after an outfit change for some photos by the tree, but was really more interested in looking at the ornaments than posing.



She loves Dora right now and while shopping the other day, I found (by accident) a Dora ornament that she held in her clutches the entire time in the buggy and was very reluctant to hand over to the cashier, who unwittingly put it in a bag, lost in the shuffle until we got home. Luckily Kaylee'd brought Mimi (her favorite stuffed animal blankie w/lamb head...we called it "Lambie" and she couldn't say it, but said Mimi, then we started calling it Mimi...hence we have Mimi) so she had something for in the car, but I did have to hear about her wanting the "new Dowowa o-ment" the entire ride home and had to find it right away. She promptly ran and hung it on the tree then ran back to tell me and take me to the tree to show me. Surprisingly, she'd found an empty spot to fill - there are plenty on the lower branches, but when rehanging ornaments, she tends to clump them. I told her it was the perfect spot and she looked very proud. Anyway, all this to say that the ornament she's holding in some of the above tree photos is her new Dora.

I know there haven't been many picture posts lately! Kaylee is in an anti-posing for photos phase. (See above for refresher on that.) Usually when I get the camera, she just runs over to me saying, "More! More watch!" because she wants to see what's on the screen. And sometimes she just runs away laughing when I try to take her picture. The thousands of photos from her first year will have to sustain us, I suppose. Maybe I should just take photos of her running away, as this second year has been quite a blur. I can't believe she's 3 months from 2! I'll have to start party-planning soon...could be a Dora party in the works, but she could have a new fave within 3 months, who knows? She also loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (I love the way she helps them call for Toodles - "Oh, Too-yooys!") and is back to some Tigger & Pooh again lately, too - especially episodes with Eeyore.

No comments: