Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Mommy's Little Helper

Last night we exchanged gifts with Kaylee's Baba (Jamie's mom), Uncle Robbie & Aunt Brooke. Kaylee was in no mood to smile for the camera, but would look over with a quick "cheeeeese" when asked. She got lots of Dora goodies, a Mickey Mouse DVD, her very own hair dryer and some books, so she was quite happy!


Today we made a birthday cake for Jesus. Kaylee wanted to use our new gingerbread man pan and it turned out very cute. Here are photos of my little helper stirring dry batter, then tasting the powder that spilled onto the counter and stirring the mixed batter.


Mmm - licking the whisk, helping frost and the finished cake! Kaylee did most of the sprinkles on her own, as you can probably tell by the clumps of them. :)

3 comments:

Diedre said...

That's so cute, and I'm impressed that Kaylee likes the hair dryer. Elena is still terrified of mine, but it's a good excuse to get her out of the bathroom while I'm getting ready!

Merry Christmas Kaylee!

Julie said...

Well, her hair dryer is a toy that makes noise and (barely) blows air. :) She does watch me dry my hair and copies me (very exaggerated!) - I tilt my head to one side then the other as I dry my hair and Kaylee watches and tilts her head and bends so far over that she topples over half the time, while laughing. I've thought of trying to get it on video, but she only does it when I dry my hair, so that's tough! Maybe she'll do it with her toy, though, and I can get that...?

Anonymous said...

I love the Happy Birthday Jesus cake. Kaylee, you are getting to be a really good kitchen helper. Today, birthday cake, tomorrow, a five course dinner!

I'm sure Jesus loves it and will hear every Happy Birthday song that is sung!

Merry Christmas! Kaylee's Gramma Parker