Thursday, April 23, 2009

Two-word combo = Ouchie!

Separately, two innocent words. Face. Plant. Put them together and yowza!!

We went out to dinner with Kaylee, got home and she was running to the stairs to go up for bath with Jamie and I right behind and ... I'm not sure what happened other than I looked down and she was splayed out on the hardwoods. Jamie said he saw her head bounce off the floor. I picked her up and after a minute there was blood (and drool) trickling out of each corner of her mouth. Turns out she bit/split her lip and apparently hit her nose, too. Her lip is already pretty swollen (see pics!) and her nose looks a bit swollen and bruised and she possibly has two black eyes in her future. Should look great by the weekend. As you can also see, she was running around happy again after a few minutes of TV and sucking on some frozen teething toys, and she seems to be in good spirits.



2 comments:

Diedre said...

The only thing that could be worse is to have it on video, like I do! "Gee, Mom, why didn't you stop me from falling off the step, bouncing off the recliner, and smacking my face on the step?" "I was too busy recording your fall, dear."

Julie said...

:-D You are too funny!! Probably something I would have done, actually, had we been doing anything more than just the usual heading up for bath...