Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Here we are on Mother's Day - what a big smile for the camera!!

All in all, it was a good day! I got breakfast in bed and we went to my grandparents' house for lunch. Kaylee got to meet some family who hadn't met her yet, including two cousins' sons - Ethan (3 years old) and Ryker (~20 months). Ryker didn't pay too much attention to her, but Ethan seemed pretty interested. He said, "I love you, Kaylee" and gave her a big kiss - so cute!! He's going to be a big brother in October, and I think he'll be great at it!

We took a photo of the four generations of mothers/daughters - Memaw (Naomi), my Mom (Mary Jane/Gramma), me & Kaylee. Mom is Memaw's only daughter, and I'm Mom's only daughter, so Kaylee is the 4th generation daughter.
A nice Mother's Day photo of the four of us.
And of course Grampa (my Dad) had to have his turn with Kaylee.







At our Mom & Me group on Friday, all the moms brought in stuff for an early Mother's Day pot luck brunch, which was fun. The nurse that facilitates the group brought in a scale for us to weigh our babies, and I found out Kaylee is now 8 lb. 12.3 oz. - apparently she should be closer to 9-9.5 lbs. by now, but I swear we aren't starving her! Could be that she's gaining slower now, but will hit a growth spurt soon - she goes back to the pediatrician at the end of the month, so we'll see how things are looking then, weight-wise. I tried to measure her length at home a week or so ago, and I think she was about 22", though it's hard to measure a squirmy baby.

No updates on the hearing issue yet - we didn't get our copy of the paperwork until Thursday, and I haven't had a chance to call the pediatrician yet. Will update when we know something.

Don't think there's really anything else to report at this point. Kaylee will be 7 weeks tomorrow! Time is still flying by...

1 comment:

Baby Holloway said...

WOW - seven weeks already. Time does go by very fast. She'll be asking for the car keys soon!

Hope the results from the hearing test are good. I know the waiting is always the most difficult part.

By the way, the top photo is just adorable.