Saturday, February 20, 2010

Happy (way early) birthday!

Kaylee got her "big" birthday gifts from us already - yes, a month early. We got the table/chair set on sale yesterday, but wanted to make sure nothing was broken so we went ahead and put it together and decided to just go ahead and let her use it. She's not going to know the difference and she gets more use out of it this way. We bought the spring horse secondhand from someone today. It was already put together, but unless we kept it in our storage room (which is currently pretty full), there wasn't really any place to put it to hide it from her for a month, so we just let her have it already, too. We have a couple little things for her as well, so she can open those on her birthday.

Here she is enjoying lunch at her new table. She's also done some coloring and play-doh playing there, too.


Back story on the horse: Kaylee and I were at a consignment store last fall and there was one there that I put her on while I was shopping. She loved it, but I didn't buy it then. She talked about it for a while after so then I thought I should have just bought it then. Oh, well. I was searching around to see if anyone had a used table/chair set in good shape that we could get instead of the new one, but the ones I found weren't much cheaper than buying the set we got new since it was on sale, so we got the new one. In my searching, however, I found someone selling this horse, so we got it at a good price. The newer ones that I've found for sale now (online, haven't seen any in stores) are between $100-200, have a lot of fabric and some make neighing sounds - I figured the hard plastic like we got would be much easier to keep clean than fabric (I did a very thorough 45 minute Lysol wipe cleaning of the horse when I got it home!) and I knew we didn't need yet another toy that made noise (i.e. another thing to keep pumping batteries into). So I was happy to find a hard plastic model at a great price!


Hmm, you think she enjoys the horse?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you need a cowgirl hat, Kaylee, and maybe some cowgirl boots! It looks like you ride as hard as your Mommy did when she was two! Gramma Parker

Julie said...

Oh, forgot to mention that she leans her head on the horse's head and says, "I love you, Neigh-Neigh." Yes, she's enjoying it!