Monday, June 2, 2008

Sweet Baby Love










These photos are from after last night's bath - Jamie wasn't here for it, and when I showed him the photos, he said (of the first) - "that's classic Kaylee" (her wide-eyed expression). Is she old enough to have a "classic" anything? ;-)

So how is it possible to love someone so much? The smallest things she does make my heart melt - like last night when I was giving her a bath, she was talking and smiling and I couldn't finish singing her the rubber ducky song for a few minutes because I got choked up (luckily ducky squeaks, so he filled in for a bit). Just her sweet smell and the tiniest smiles make all the sleepless nights so worth it.

In other news, Kaylee is excited to have a baby girl cousin arriving this fall!! My cousin Stephen and his wife Stephanie found out last week that they'll be adding baby girl Brennan to the mix - their son Ethan is 3 1/2, and he's going to be a great big brother - my guess is he'll help Stephen with any potential future boyfriend issues with Brennan. :-) Another cousin (Jonathan & wife Elisha) are expecting a baby in late November (their son Caleb is 1 1/2), but the gender will be a surprise until he/she arrives! (Wow - the patience...) I also have a cousin (Brandon & wife Margaret) on my father's side expecting a baby boy in late July. Lots of family babies this year, Kaylee's happy to have lots more playmates arriving soon.

No comments: