Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hmm...rolling?

Quick update:

"Tummy time" - for those who don't know - is any time that an infant with a still-bobbly head is sitting, lying or being held in such as way as to strengthen their neck muscles. This morning I put Kaylee on her stomach for tummy time, a position that she usually complains about. No different this morning, except that she rolled herself onto her back after a short time (a minute or so)! I thought maybe I hadn't put both arms out far enough, like maybe one was tucked under her and made it easy to roll accidentally. So I put her back on her stomach, this time definitely with both arms way out to the sides and after a minute, she pulled one in and rolled over again! I held her for a couple minutes until she was happy again (did I mention she doesn't like on-her-tummy tummy time?), and put her back down to see if she would do it again, but by that time she was pretty much just mad and just put her head down and cried, so I let her off the hook. But we'll be trying again. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool, tummy time is always great fun although some babies do get frustrated. Sounds like Kaylee's doing a great job at moving around. All thes best with her little ears,

Helen