Monday, May 23, 2011

Pink Eye

Kaylee's pink eye cleared up pretty quickly once we started using the eye drops, and she got her last dose last night. Of course yesterday my right eye was annoying me all day, then late afternoon I noticed it was pink/red and gunky. Great. So she got her last dose and I got my first! I was going to go to the doc this morning for a prescription, but I figured I could use the same drops...most likely I got it from her and since they worked for her, should work for me, too. Some friends said that their doctors had told them if anyone else in the family got it just to use the same drops, so that's what I'm doing. Save some copay and prescription money, as well as the time it would take to wait/see a doctor and wait/pick up the drops.

This morning I told Kaylee that her eyes were all better, but now one of mine was sick. Our conversation:
Kaylee: If your eye is sick, you might need some drops.
Me: I do. Since you're all done with yours, I'm going to use them now.
Kaylee: Don't worry, Mommy. There's plenty for both of us.

I hope so! I think there should be enough drops left, as long as it doesn't spread to my left eye. Also, when I told Kaylee I'd already put drops in for the morning, she got upset and said her eyes were still sick and she wanted drops in her eyes. Apparently she's okay sharing them with me, but does not like giving her things away - even if it's eye drops that she didn't ever want to do! (Note: she did not like getting the drops, but she did cooperate pretty well, especially considering we had to 2 drops/eye 3 times/day.)

No comments: