Sunday, January 30, 2011

First haircut...finally!

Jamie finally agreed to let me trim Kaylee's scraggly curls in the back. Not that they weren't cute, but very uneven and crazy looking. :) So after her bath this evening, I trimmed somewhere between 2-3" off. We'll see how it looks tomorrow! She was excited to get it cut; I told her I'd cut it last night and then ran out of time. As I was leaving her room at bedtime, she said, "Mommy, wait! You didn't cut my hair! You have to cut my hair!" :) I told her we'd do it tonight, and she reminded me about it a few times today. So there was no getting around it!

O
f course while she was really good and tried to stand still, she kept trying to look and was squirmy, so it took a few tries to trim it straight. Or at least mostly straight! With it being so curly, though, I wasn't too concerned about a precise straight cut. Here are some photos of the cutting...

Before...During...


And After! The last photo was after we towel dried it a little bit and it curled up. Within a few minutes it was even curlier and fluffier again. I'll try to remember to take and post a photo tomorrow of it all dry and hopefully less crazy than before!

No comments: