Sunday, February 22, 2009

New/Old Stuff

Grampa and Gramma Parker came over yesterday and brought Kaylee some Valentine's goodies, along with a few of my old things they'd dug up. One is an old Raggedy Ann doll that a friend of my dad's mom made for me when I was little, and the rest are in the photos below...




One of my old bonnets. Kaylee grabbed it this morning and held it to her head, so I put it on her and she wore it around for about 30 minutes! Apparently I used to do the same thing, and say, "hat on!" - hmm, taking after Mama??








This is a beach coverup and hat my mom made for me - my "Queen of the Beach" outfit. The coverup comes to the floor, but Kaylee's just tall enough to walk without it tripping her, so it'll be perfect come summer, and probably for a few years to come, as well.

2 comments:

Diedre said...

I love her expression in that first photo - she looks like a really angry Holly Hobby! "Don't mess with me!"

Julie said...

Sometimes it's hard to distinguish between her super happy face and her "evil baby" face (yet another phrase she knows - evil baby, hah). I think she was just really happy about wearing the hat and walking around with it on. She's been wearing it a lot again today, too! (Switching between that and her pink Braves cap today.)