Monday, April 25, 2011

Whatever it takes...

These days Kaylee will say/do about anything to try to get out of napping or going to bed. Today when I told her it was nap time, she even said, "this playroom is a mess! We need to clean it first!" Hah. I assured her we could clean it after nap. We got up to her room and then she said, "I'm not sleepy." I told her she couldn't have a piece of her Easter candy for dessert if she didn't take a nap, and she'd have to go to bed early. "I want to go to bed early and I don't want any candy for dessert." *sigh* Somehow I got her to agree to a nap, though she insisted she wanted to sleep on the chair in her room. Usually when she starts out that way, she ends up moving to her bed for a nap, or (more often) not napping at all. Today she did nap, but I hadn't heard anything for 2.5 hours; when I went in to see if she was awake and just being quiet, I found this:



I think this is only the second nap she's actually taken in the chair...and she's quickly outgrowing it, as you can see by her leg hanging way over the edge.

No comments: