Friday, September 11, 2009

Try again, Daddy!

Kaylee and I were reading books on the couch yesterday when Jamie got home. As soon as we heard the garage door start to open, Kaylee looked at me and said, "Daddy!" then ran to the garage door to wait for him. He didn't come in right away, so I opened the door and he was sitting in the car - not even pulled into the garage yet - talking on the phone. I told Kaylee he would be a few minutes and we went back to reading. He did come in about 5 minutes later, but was still on the phone - he headed to the basement, whispering that he'd be up soon. Kaylee did not like this - she was so excited to see him, then he just disappeared. She whined about it for a minute, but then we went back to the books again.

When Jamie did come back upstairs 10-15 minutes later Kaylee pretty much completely ignored him!! She looked up, but then went right back to the book. He came over and said, "hi, Kaylee," and she barely looked up. He then said, "do I have to go back outside and come in through the garage door for you to want to see me?" to which Kaylee looked up at him and said, "yes," then went back to her book!!! So Jamie walked back into the garage (Kaylee watched and said, "bye, Daddy."), then came back in and said, "hi, Kaylee, I'm home!" and she jumped off the couch and ran to him, screaming, "Daddy!" very excitedly again. It was hilarious. The best part was her just looking up and saying yes to him needing to leave and try again. Jamie and I were cracking up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoyed "EEEEE! Daddy's home!" myself. There weren't any portable phones for competition back then.

Grampa Jerry

Molly K said...

That is hilarious! She's developing quite a personality (read: attitude) :)