Monday, September 14, 2009

Dress update

(See previous post if you haven't already read it.)

I tried the dress on Kaylee and it's too big for now. As in, I can pinch about 5-6" of fabric around the middle! I'm hoping it'll fit her in the spring - it's supposedly a 3T size, but of course 3T varies from brand to brand and I didn't know what this pattern would be closer to. And it's hard to tell until it's made (there were approximate size measurements other than what to cut the pattern). Holding it up to a couple other dresses she has that are size 4, this looks a little smaller, so like I said hopefully for spring (sort of a spring/summer dress anyway). If it does fit in the winter, I'll just put her in a long sleeve shirt and tights with it!

I have the pink retro dot fabric cut to make another dress (same pattern/size), but I think I'm going to get a zipper and attempt the pattern I bought at the store for the other (ladybug) fabric. Also a little sundress type dress, but would be cute in the winter with a little sweater over it (doesn't have bulky ties at the top like the one I already made).

No comments: