Monday, August 3, 2009

words (updated v. 3.0)

I figure I'll post this here, in case I don't get around to writing it in her baby book anytime soon. Then at least I can look back here while I'm filling it out!

Here is a list of what Kaylee can say as of today (just over 16 months)...

apple
baby
ball
bamboo
banana (ba-ba-ba)
bee
beep
book (bits)
bye-bye (or just "bye" now)
cheese (ahzaa)
cookie
cow
Dora (d-d-d-Dowowa)
duck
eye
go
hat
hi
hot
house
ice
knee
me (mmEH)
mine
more (mmAH)
night-night
please
puffs
roll (wAH)
shoe
this (says "iss" - often a question as in, "what's this?")
uh-oh
uh-uh (for no)
up
whale
whee
yes (she either says what sounds like "si" (Spanish yes...maybe she's bilingual :) ) - or she giggles, "eheeehee")

people:
Alice (Awiss)
Baba (Grandma Barbara)
Brooke (Bits - says and signs it like it's "book")
Daddy
Ellie (E-E)
Erin (Aowa)
Katie (Tuh-Tee)
Kaylee (De-Deee)
Lane (Nah - sounds just like Nate)
Mama
Memaw
Nate (Nah - sounds just like Lane)
Nemo (either Neno or Memo; can't quite put them together yet)
Olivia (Aow - more like an O sound, though)
PawPaw (Pa-Pa)
Winnie the Pooh (Bah-Boo)


animals/sounds:
if the animal name is in ( ) she doesn't say that yet, just the animal's noise - which I've tried to spell out as she says it. :) Basically she only says bee, cow, duck and whale, plus all the noises listed.

bee - bzzzzz
(cat) - bow (as in "bow before the king" not "hair bow" :) )
(chicks) - beep beep (instead of peep peep)
cow - meuuu
(dog) - panting
(donkey) - ee-aw
duck - gac-gac
(elephant) - high pitch "oooh"
(horse) - brrrr
(lion) - roars
(monkey) - aah-aah
(owl) - ooh-ooh
(pig) - she snorts
(seal) - oohooh & claps
(sheep) - ba-ba
(snake) - ssssssss
whale

I'm sure I'm missing a few, as she just says more and more lately - probably has added 4-5 new ones just in the past week. Like this morning: I got ice from the fridge and she said "ice"...I didn't even say what I was getting, she just said it!

She also says some two word phrases - here are a few I can think of:
Hi Mama/Daddy
Bye Mama/Daddy
Bye bow (she calls cats "bow" - her word for meow--see above)
more please (new fave of hers!)
up please
duck ball (she has a ball with a duck face on it)

She also still signs some, but as she learns the words she stops signing it as much, so her signs are getting fewer!

1 comment:

Diedre said...

That's so great! She's talking a lot!