Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Middle Names & Hitting

It's a good thing I like Kaylee's middle name, as I've gotten to use it a lot this past week or so. She has started hitting when she does not get her way (or at other random times) and has also started having to sit in time out because of this. She does not like time out, but I think she semi-understands it. She at least knows where the time out corner is and if I put her there and she gets up right away, I'll tell her to please go sit back in time out and she goes back to the corner and sits down. While she's there I tell her "no hitting" so maybe she'll at least get the correlation. I know she's too young to really get it, and I don't leave her there long, but you have to start somewhere!

Sorry no new photos at the moment...using the new laptop and can't access any right now (need to change some folder share settings, I think).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When Julie Marie (two names also) was introduced to time out at about this age, she would move her little chair her Dad built to a different corner just to be defiant, then would stay in the chair for a few extra moments when she was allowed up. Hmmmm... I wonder if it will be like Mother, like Daughter??!!??

Julie Marie's Mom and Kaylee Jade's Gramma

Diedre said...

Elena Kristine did some hitting as well, but luckily that stage didn't last too long.